The latest Android OS that is out in the market is Android 8.1 Oreo, and the Android Oreo comes out with a lot of improvement and features over its predecessor. Now, most of you are aware of the new features that Android 8.0 brings.
One of the common problems on Android smartphones is the app services which keeps running in the background even when it’s not being used, this is one of the main reasons behind battery drainage of your Android smartphones, other than that, they also end up consuming your Android’s phone RAM. Now with Android Oreo you can control those app services and stop them from running in the background when they are not being used, for example, the Facebook App is one such application which services keeps on running in the background even when you are not using the application.
In this post, we are going to give a look at how to stop app services from running in the background in Android Oreo. One thing which you need to know that is you will not be able to control all the apps background activity but some of them including Facebook, Instagram, SHAREit, etc.
So, here’s how you can stop app services from running in the background in Android Oreo 8.0 and 8.1 –
- Now, the first thing you need to do is go to the phone’s settings
- Next, go to the ‘Battery’ option
- In the ‘Battery’ window, you’ll find a list of apps at the bottom, click any of those apps
Also, read: How to set custom ringtones on Mi A1
- A new window will open, at the bottom, you’ll find an option called ‘Manage battery usage’, beneath it, you will find a toggle option ‘Background Activity’, turn off that option to stop the app from running in the background when not in use.
- Repeat the process for all the apps that have been listed (except system services), this will not only help you in improving the battery life of your Android smartphone but also clear a lot of primary memory space taken up by those services.
That’s it, that’s how you can stop app services from running in the background in Android Oreo 8.0 and 8.1. Hope you found this post helpful and informative. If you liked reading it then please do share it on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc.
Anyways, if you have any concerns or queries, then please do post them in the comment section below.