If you look at all the Xiaomi smartphones, you’ll find one thing familiar; each one of them comes with their custom skin MIUI.
However, their recently launched smartphone; MI A1 is the first smartphone from them which doesn’t feature their custom skin MIUI, instead, it comes with pure stock Android UI as the device is getting powered by Google’s Android A1 project, which basically means Google will be controlling all the software and system updates of the device.
Now some people like the Pure Stock Android, and then there are some people who like to have a custom skin UI running on their smartphone.
Both of them have some advantages and disadvantages.
One of the most significant advantages of having stock Android is getting quicker security updates and patches.
Moving on, if you have used stock UI on your smartphone then are certain things which you will find quite annoying.
The first being lack of a ‘File Manager’, Android smartphones running on Stock UI doesn’t come with a ‘File Manager’, ‘Gallery’, and if your smartphone comes with a fingerprint sensor, you need to use a third-party app to lock all the apps using the fingerprint sensor.
Furthermore, if you want to know how to set custom ringtones on Xiaomi Mi A1 or even custom notification tones, you won’t be able to do it directly. Now in this post, we are going to talk about how to set custom ringtones on Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone.
Using the given steps, you will able to set custom ringtones on any Android smartphone that is running Stock Android.
- To begin with, you will need a file manager app, so first of all, you will need to download a file manager from the ‘Play Store’.
- After downloading the ‘File Manager’ app, go to the desired folder where you have stored the ringtone which you want to set on your smartphone.
- Move it to the ‘Internal Storage/Ringtone’ folder, if you don’t find the Ringtone folder, then create a folder and name it ‘Ringtone’.
- Move the file to the newly created ‘Ringtone’ folder.
- Now go to ‘Setting’ and then go to ‘Sound’ and tap on ‘Phone ringtone’.
- Scroll down the pop-up window; you’ll find your desired ringtone, now select it to set it as your default phone ringtone.
That’s it; this is how you can set custom ringtones on MI A1 smartphone and also on those smartphones which are running on Stock Android.
If you found this post helpful, then please do share it on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, etc.
Nonetheless, if you have any queries or concerns, then please let us know by writing in the comment section below.