After launching Windows 10, Microsoft has been rolling major yearly updates.
Last year, Microsoft released the Creators Update, and this year, the company has released another major update; Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
Unlike other monthly updates and patches, these major updates consume a good amount of your internet data to get downloaded on your PC.
Now if you are someone who is thinking of getting the Windows 10 Fall Creators update then you should know that there are couple ways of getting the Fall Creators update; you can get this update by timely updating your Windows 10 or get it through by using Windows 10 Update assistant.
Whatever way you may use there is no way of saving the latest version of the OS on your PC.
So in case, your OS gets corrupted then you’ll need to reinstall from the very first version.
Nevertheless, if you want to upgrade your Windows 10 to Fall Creators update then you can also get it done via the offline process.
How to download and upgrade your PC to Windows 10 Fall Creators update offline?
One of the major reasons why should for the Windows 10 Fall Creator update offline is that after you upgrade even if your PC gets corrupted you’ll be able to install the latest version directly as you’ll be having the offline ISO file.
Now to upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators update offline, you’ll need to go through the following steps.
But before you do make sure that you are running the latest build version of Windows 10, if you don’t then use the Windows 10 Update Assistant tool.
- First of all, you need to download the ‘Windows Media Creation Tool’, you can download it by clicking here.
- Once the file gets downloaded, run the setup, click next, agree to the terms and conditions and click ‘Accept’.
- On the next page, there will be two options available click the second one which says ‘Create Installation media’.
- Next, select the version of Windows which you want to install 32-bit or 64-bit.
- On the next page, there will be two options available, click on the second option or you can go with the ‘USB file drive’ option if you have a USB flash drive
- Next, create the folder where you want to store the file.
- Once you have selected the desired folder click next to start the download.
- The download will take 60 -90 minutes or even less, it mainly depends on your internet speed.
- Once the download process again doesn’t disconnect or close the Window, if you do you’ll need to restart the whole process.
Once the process completed click ‘Finish’ to close the Media Creation Tool window, the file size of will be around 3.56 GB so make sure you have good amount internet data.
In case you don’t have 3-4 GB of data opt for those unlimited 3G/4G internet packs offered companies by carriers which gives you unlimited data for an hour.
Anyway, after the files get downloaded, insert a blank CD or you can make a bootable USB drive and burn the ISO file.
Once you have burned the ISO file, the run ‘setup.exe’ file to start the update process.
Some of the new features of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update:
- Voice Activated Commands: Cortana can do more things now, as with the Fall Creators update you can ask Cortana to Shutdown, Sleep or Restart your PC.
- One Drive on demand: From now on when you upload something on One Drive, you’ll be able to access those file like just any other files without keeping a copy of it in your hard disk.
- Quick Access to People: If you are using a Windows Phone and you have synchronized with your PC then with the Fall Creators update, you’ll be able to do more with ‘People’, like pining Contacts to the ‘Taskbar’, sharing a file with your contacts just dragging on to the tab, etc.
- Improved Windows Defender: This year WannaCry Ransomware made headlines as it infected Windows PC across 100 hundred countries. Although Windows 10 users weren’t affected by it, Microsoft has done some significant improvement in their Windows Defender as it now provides protections against RansomWare, Cloud Protection, and also Real-Time Protection.
- Eye Control: Now this is one of the best features of Windows 10 Fall Creators upgrade, the Eye Control requires eye tracker through which you’ll be able to control the new on-screen mouse and keyboard with just your eyes.
- 3D Creations: With the Creators Upgrade, we also got to see the new ‘Paint 3D’ application, well with the Fall Creators update, it’s about to get better as now you’ll be able to create 3D images and models with it effortlessly.
So, these were some of the new interesting features of the Windows 10 Fall Creators update, hope you liked reading this post.
If you have any kind of queries or doubt then please do let us know by dropping them in the comment section below, we’ll try to respond as soon as we can.